Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Special Delivery

I showed up to the channel with an idea for “Business as Usual”. It involves a door and a sign that says Business as Usual on it. I also want this to be a logo that shows up on the bottom right of the show. I want the door logo on the bottom right to open and have titles come out when needed. I worked on this for a little.

I wrote more plans and questions for future shoots. I wrote out the questions and planning for the Eclectic Karate interview tomorrow. I also wrote down plans and questions for the Hill-Top Candy shoot on Friday.

I made more phone calls in the morning. I am still working on getting St. Pierre Manufacturing, but I think after I give them another call next week they will be set for a shoot date. I gave calls to new places today including Finagle-a-Bagel and Home Foods Markets. There are no shoots planned for either yet.

Mike and I went to Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical School to shoot a few things. Students in a carpentry class have been making two podiums and one of them is going to The Raynham Channel. Mike went in awhile ago in the earlier stages of production and filmed them. Now, the students have finished making the podiums and we went in to film the final products and interview them on how they made them.

We interviewed two students in the carpentry class. We also recorded the kids putting nameplates onto the podiums. After we got the shots of the podiums we needed, we went to the CAD room to see the emblem that was being made that would also go onto the podium. In the CAD room, an emblem was being made by lasers in a machine. We interviewed a student about the process and saw a finished product.

We went back to the Channel and I uploaded all the footage we got. I then organized all the clips and put them in different bins.

Around the time I finished organizing, a shipment of things that Mike ordered came in. This included five new lights, a wireless printer, a phone, a paper shredder, a cork board, and additional light bulbs for the lights. We opened everything up and I assembled together some lights to test them. It turns out that three of the ten extra bulbs that were ordered did not work.

Pat Riley, a department head of the board of selectman in Raynham amongst other things (Need to check exact job definition), runs a show called "Inside Scoop" in the studio. She came in with her guests that night and we shot a show with her. I was able to use the studio equipment and switch between the three cameras that were set up.

It was a longer day today, but a good amount got accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment